We are a partnership of organisations in Islington - all committed to safeguarding adults better.
All our work is centred on safeguarding adults with care and support needs who need help to stay safe from abuse and neglect.
By law, every area is required to have a Safeguarding Adults Board, led by the local authority in the area.
Our main objective is to assure ourselves that safeguarding arrangements in Islington are satisfactory. We also have a responsibility to prevent abuse, reduce the risk of abuse and support those affected.
You can find out more about the function and remit of Safeguarding Adults Boards in Chapter 14 of the Care and Support statutory guidance.
Our independent chair is Fiona Bateman.
- Islington Council
- London Metropolitan Police Service
- North Central London Integrated Care Board (NHS)
- London Fire Brigade
- HMP Pentonville
- Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Camden & Islington NHS Mental Health Foundation Trust
- Camden & Islington Probation Service
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Care Quality Commission
- Safer Islington Partnership
- Islington Safeguarding Children’s Board
- Notting Hill Pathways
- Healthwatch Islington
- Voluntary Action Islington
- Age UK Islington
- Single Homeless Project
- Pause Project